Monday, October 18, 2021

First Flight of Chipper 2, N318KW!

I am so pleased to report that my airplane and design N318KW Chipper 2 had its first flight! All squawks and paperwork were cleared; taxi tests were just fine, along with successful high speed taxi tests.

Taking the runway after all the gliders had cleared for the day, and with flaps set in mid position, and just a dash of droop aileron dialed in, I smoothly advanced power on the ULPower 350iS 130HP engine. Before full power was really achieved, Chipper 2 was off the ground. I reduced power immediately.... and proceeded to float down the runway.... and it finally settled down back to the ground.
That's a wrap for the day. I am falling back in love with this airplane. It was smooth as silk and roomy on the inside, beautiful on the outside.


No comments: